What To Expect At Your Appointment
1. Patient Screening: We actively screen every patient at the time of scheduling, at appointment reminder and at check-in to identify and limit potential exposure to COVID-19 in our clinic. To prevent the spread of illness and align with CDC recommendations, we urge you to stay home when you are feeling sick. If you have traveled internationally, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms, you MUST reschedule your appointment for a future date and contact your primary care physician (PCP).
For our patients age 60 and over, or patients with compromised immunity, we encourage you to consider how best to utilize our services and whether your health situation requires you to postpone dermatologic care. Please contact our office at (440) 460-2884 if you have any questions.
2. Limit Visitors: Please attend your appointment alone. If required, bring only one parent/guardian/support person. If possible, please have that extra person remain in their car during your visit.
3. What to Bring: We will be requiring that all visitors to our office bring in and wear a mask upon entering our office and throughout your visit. For more information about making your own cloth facemask, CLICK HERE to see the CDC recommendations and a complete step by step tutorial.
4. Check-In: We ask all patients to sanitize their hands upon entry into our office. If you were asked to fill out forms to update your information we ask that you prepare these forms prior to your appointment and fax them to us at (440) 460-2885.
5. Waiting room and Social Distancing: Upon arriving at our office, please visit hirshdermatology.com and you will be able to check in for your appointment on your mobile phone. You will then receive a text when it is time for you to come into the waiting room to complete your check in. This will allow us to comply with social distancing throughout your visit. If you do not have a smart phone, please let us know prior to your visit so that we can make arrangements to accommodate you.
6. Staff Safety Measures: As always, proper hand hygiene is practiced by every member of our health care team. Additionally, all of our clinical staff will be using masks during your visit. We will refrain from shaking hands with our patients. You should feel safer knowing that staff members who are sick or who have traveled to at-risk regions will not be present in our office until they have fully met return to work criteria. All of our staff is screened daily including having their temperatures taken throughout the day. We are also suspending visits from any outside vendors who may visit our clinics.
We are here to serve you and your health and safety are our top priority. Please feel free to call us at (440) 460-2884 with any questions pertaining to your visit with us.
We look forward to seeing you and continuing to be a part of your care.
Last updated: May 1, 2020